29 August 2013

First glimpses of Bren @ Messiah


Ever wonder why when they do those introductory - meet and find out about new people - you end up doing things that make some people feel like complete idiots and totally foolish while others just love it and shine once the silliness starts?

I do. Those things, while I can appreciate their purpose and see their validity and effectiveness... drive me crazy.

Don't know if Brendan was thinking the same thing as he played "Dead Bug Tag" with a whole bunch of international/third culture kid freshman and mentoring upperclassmen at Messiah College the other night...




If I understood correctly, you crab crawl around the field, like a bug and "tag" your classmates by swiping at their arm or leg. Once an arm or leg has been "taken out" you can no longer use it to move. Once both arms and legs have been swiped, you lay on the field on your back, all appendages in the air wiggling about like a dead bug...




I think both arms had been tagged in this photo and he's bum scootching around...




Now, only a single appendage remains active...



"O NON! Il est mort!"
(which translated means... Oh no! He's dead!)

And so now, back to my original question...

Why these games?

After the other night, I know what I was thinking...

And I'm convinced...

Purely for the benefit of the spectators...

HILARIOUS!!!

(PS I DO think Bren is having a great time, 
despite some of the silly games that introverts like he and I detest!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop in for a chat! I love to hear what you have to say ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails