04 June 2013

8 kids, at least 10 carryons (probably more), 20 suitcases, 1 stroller and a pile of paperwork


...and if our oldest daughter gets her way, at least one czar-ish black cat.

I don't think that's gonna happen.

Hopefully I won't misplace the husband or the grandparents in all of the craziness.

...or the passports or the residence permits or the plane tickets.

Speaking of plane tickets, did you know we qualify for group rates when we travel (although it isn't always the best deal), we often...

******************************
Join me over at Missionary Mom's Companion, where I posted yesterday- 
the last in a series of posts about preparing to transition our family 
from life here in Africa to life back in the States 
(at least for a season). 

I'd love for you to hop on in and join the conversation!
Non-missionaries welcome, too!

2 comments:

  1. It reminds me of a song we sometimes sing in church that has this haunting refrain... "you make beautiful things, you make beautiful things out of the dust. you make beautiful things, you make beautiful things out of us". Hard to remember sometimes though.
    Also, why do you need residency permits? Best wishes with your travels, I only have 4 kids and I feel like a traveling circus! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i LOVE that song!

      we turn in the residence permits as we leave the country, since we don't have visas stamped in our passports. so they are for the country we are leaving, not for returning to the States.

      as far as the traveling circus... i just hope we are more entertaining than irritating. :-)

      Delete

Stop in for a chat! I love to hear what you have to say ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails