25 August 2009

Just because ~

"I have committed myself to joy...."

"We must not be afraid to announce it to refugees, slum dwellers, saddened prisoners, angry prophets. Now and then we must even announce it to ourselves.

In this prison of now, in this cynical and sophisticated age, someone must believe in joy."

- Richard Rohr

Read this quote on my favorite blog today, so now I'm reminding myself... even when life is hard and situations just seem unfair, I've got infinitely many more reasons to be joyful than to be sad, and those scales will forever tip in the direction of joy.

...she's ONE of my reasons!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this reminder today. I have been struggling with this very thing lately! Your kids are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, Becky, for your sweet words about my gang - i agree 100%!

    ReplyDelete

Stop in for a chat! I love to hear what you have to say ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails