Ramadan 2009 / 1430: August 22 - September 20
Monday, 24 August
"Loving Muslims Through Prayer"
The 1.3 million Guhayna are a largely nomadic people living in Central Sudan. Not much is known about this people group other than that they are Sudanese Arabs who trace their heritage to the Bedouin who wandered the deserts of Saudi Arabia centuries ago.
The Guhayna embrace rigid codes of honour, loyalty and hospitality, the strong role of men in society, the value of children, subservience of women and the five pillars of Islam. To confess Jesus as Lord is not well accepted and has serious consequences. Pray that fear of persecution from Islamic relatives will not hinder the Guhayna as they consider the Gospel. No one is actively reaching this people group.
- Pray for missionaries and funds so the Guhayna can hear about Jesus.
- The Guhayna, like many Muslims, do not understand the term "Son of God." May God bring real breakthroughs in this area of Muslim misunderstanding. This subject is one of the most significant hindrances for Muslims coming to Christ. They need revelation.
Scriptures to meditate on and proclaim in prayer:
- (2 Peter 1:16-18) - "For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty. For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount."
- (2 Samuel 7:12-14) - "And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever. I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men..."
- (John 1:49) - "Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel."
- (John 11:27) - "She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world."
- (John 20:31) - "She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world."
- (Romans 1:1-5) - "Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead: By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name..."
- (Psalm 2:7) - "I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee."
- (Acts 13:33) - "God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee."
- (Hebrews 1:5) - "For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?"