Ramadan 2009 / 1430: August 22 - September 20
Secret believers... The real cost of following Jesus
Tuesday, 25 August
"Loving Muslims Through Prayer"
For a former Muslim, becoming a believer in the Messiah is more than simply changing religion. In leaving Islam, the person has left his identity. The consequences of this choice are terrible: new believers are often rejected by other Muslims, and their family, and sometimes they are forced to divorce and they lose their children. They can lose their inheritance, their employment, their lodging, sometimes they receive death threats and some are actually killed. In many cases they are obliged to live their new faith in secret because of the fear of persecution. They become real “secret believers.” Many are isolated, and it is very difficult for them to persevere in their faith. The new believer needs a new identity.
- Pray for the secret believers who are even now facing the possibility of death. May God protect them.
- Pray for their families that they also may be attracted to the light of Christ.
- Pray that there would be a change of mentality so that Muslims can accept believers in the Messiah as honourable members of society.
- Pray that the situation of the secret believers would be better known and that believers all over the world could give them help.
- Explain to your children about the freedom you have and ask them to pray for a secret person.To read the complete article.