23 November 2012

Five Minute Friday ~ Thank YOU


Linking up with Lisa-Jo for another Five Minute Friday!

"So grateful for you guys, for this space, for the God who gives us the gift of creativity and community.

Thank YOU.

Five Minute Friday is going to take the month of December off. We’ll start fresh in January.  So for now, let’s write our fingers off with gratitude. Today we get to pause and count out loud the gifts the God of all good things has given us. Let’s count together – at least five minute’s worth...


Now, set your timer, clear your head, for five minutes of free writing without worrying about getting it right.


1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..

Oh and Ahem, if you would take pity and turn off comment verification, it would make leaving some love on your post that much easier for folks!

OK, are you ready? Please give us your best five minutes on..."

Thank You…


Sometimes, it is the littlest things...
REALLY!

It isn't something that drastically changes our lives,
but instead helps us feel loved and remembered.

~ Yeah ~
Little things like that that mean so very much.

And you know just what I mean.


...like a package of OREO COOKIES!

From America, even
(i.e. no foreign writing... French, Arabic, Portugeuse... ANYWHERE on the packaging)!


Especially when you just can't run to the store and buy 'em
 any time you get a hankering for 'em! 


They taste great.

They even make powdered milk taste lovely!

They bring huge smiles to our kiddos' faces.

We have to hide them from Daddy or they'd be all gone before the rest of us got home from school the next day - and that is itself a kinda sordid sorta fun.

One package... 2 per person... Oreo Cookies can change the whole atmosphere of the entire house and our family of 10 in nothing less than an instant.


So we want to say thank you to friends from Florida 
who sent this little package of joy our way


gratefully received on Thanksgiving Day!

Thank you!

(P.S. Lisa-Jo is taking a break from 5MF for December... but December is actually when I have a bit more time to write, since school is off for a month... so I'll probably keep up with my own 5 minute writes.. just because it is a lot of fun and I love the challenge! Put some topics in a bowl and draw a different one each Friday and keep on writing. I'm planning on it!)

12 comments:

  1. I appreciate your post. You are so right that we take so many things for granted, even Oreo cookies, until we can't have them when we want. :)

    I like your idea that you plan to continue FMF on your own. If you wouldn't mind I would love to join you by linking to your site each week in December. You provide the prompt, or I can every other week, and I will write. You can reach me at www.toplantaseed.com or Diana@toplantaseed.com. Just a thought. Don't feel obligated.

    Also I want to say "thank you" to you and your family for the work you are doing to serve the Lord in Africa. As I sit here comfortably at my desk in Florida looking out at a lawn filled with robins I'm thinking it can't be easy for you all. It makes me think of our military abroad. Missionaries are God's military. So "thank you!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome ~ thank you for your kind and encouraging words. I'm not set up to do a "linky" thing here and am not sure how to go about it, so I'll just try to write you and remind you if you want to post and then leave the link as a comment. I'm thinking I'll pick from Christmas or Advent themed words. :-)

      Delete
  2. Oh Oreos - love them. We just have the "normal" ones here in Ireland, but looking forward to our trip to Florida next February so sample some of the other varieties/flavors available!

    I love "meeting" new bloggers through FMF :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for popping over and saying hi! i love meeting folks this way as well.

      my oldest is fascinated with all things irish - plays the irish flute, has been teaching himself to speak irish. even asked for an irish bible!

      I hope someday he gets to travel to see your country!

      Delete
  3. Sometimes it's the simple things that bring us happiness. Like Diana said we may take things for granted until we don't have them. So glad that your friends sent a special treat for your family helping to make your Thanksgiving special.

    I do like your idea on continuing Five Minute Friday on your own during December.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please feel free to join me!

      And thanks for the return visit today. Blessings and trust you are enjoying a lovely holiday!

      Delete
  4. Loved reading your "thank you" thoughts on Oreos this Thanksgiving. Another wonderfully sweet reminder and testimony of how the Infinite God cares for us so intimately. Thank you for your perspective. Rejoicing with you in the little things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so glad you're joining us in our rejoicing... delighted to see you've popped over for a visit today.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for this reminder of how many things we take for granted. I've never lived in a foreign country - my one experience overseas was 2 weeks in China when we adopted our daughter - but I remember how many things we missed from home. I'm planning to continue a FMF on my own, probably consisting of my writing a few words on slips of paper and drawing one out every few days or so. Nice to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's the same thing i was thinking of doing!

      i can't imagine being in China... what an amazing experience adopting your little one from there.

      blessings ~ and thanks for the visit. :-)

      Delete
  6. Such a lovely post. Thanks for sharing the joy that even oreos can bring :)

    ReplyDelete

Stop in for a chat! I love to hear what you have to say ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails