25 February 2011

Mulling over... Musing on... this week...

" 'We believe in the elevation and respect of woman and we don't think that wrestling a woman is the right thing to do. Body slamming and takedowns, that full contact sport is not how to do that.' Randles said Joel has been involved in wrestling for many years, and he and his family have discussed before the possibility of girls getting involved in the sport. 'It's totally his choice. He's a young man now and he's worked hard to get where he's gotten. It's up to him, and it was his conviction' not to wrestle..."

~ Amen! I love reading about young men and women who can graciously take a stand for their beliefs!
Raising a serious question about the contribution of current Christian music to the church, praise and worship... and if those benefits (given that you think there are some) make the dangers an acceptable risk...
Interesting and suprising - on many levels.
"I’ve always wanted to really “be” the hands and feet of Jesus to a hurting world, like,
literally, not just figuratively..."

But what if Jesus has called you to be the one that makes it possible for others to be His hands and feet? And that isn't what you want? ...hard questions for those of us serving on any mission field... reflecting on what it really means to serve...
Really, what do I have to complain about? Sometimes I amaze myself, in a very unflattering way, at how self-centered and selfish I can be when I think I've got the corner on problems in this life...
I'm reading this book... Did she know and follow Jesus? It is not clear, at least not at this point. But her sacrifice and gentle service is a haunting example...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop in for a chat! I love to hear what you have to say ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails