27 October 2013

31 days... of dinner chez les Wrightlings... Homemade lasagna... noodles and all {day 27}


Several years ago, I tried making homemade lasagna noodles. I think I considered it an epic fail. But it is one of those things that I've had on my list to try again... someday...

Saturday, October 25, 2013 became that some day.

I figured I already had the other stuff frozen as far as relative ease in pulling together the rest of the meal.

I thought my family would be home to eat it with me when I put it on the menu plan.

And on the coldest week of this fall yet, on that Saturday, I knew we weren't planning on traveling - but rather at home, cleaning the house and just hanging out.

And I made lasagna from scratch... noodles and all... although my little smarty-mouth daughter (I'll let you wonder which one) informed me that unless I milled my own flour, I couldn't say it was from scratch.

I wasn't too happy with that comment, oh daughter of mine...

One true comment? 

Rolling out lasagna noodles was more work than I expected. Not difficult, but just required more physical energy/strength than I figured it would. That might have something to do with strep throat... But then again, maybe if we all spent more time doing the work required to prepare our food, we'd find it easier to maintain a healthy weight.

Just wondering?



We actually fit at the table... since the second shift didn't arrive to eat until more 
than an hour later.





Everyone liked the homemade noodles!
I'm pretty sure I'll be doing it again.

It has to get easier with practice.



Yummy oatmeal cake (with the most delightful butterscotch icing that I've decided will be wonderful on doughnuts the next time I make them)!

Uncle Harold, Cousin Mike, Tim and Jonathan joined us and echoed earlier sentiments... even had compliments on the home made Italian dressing...

Sometimes a twist on a good 'ole standard is a pretty good way to go.


Previous Posts


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop in for a chat! I love to hear what you have to say ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails