16 October 2013

31 days... of dinner chez les Wrightlings... Egg fried rice {day 16}


What do YOU do with leftover rice?

We often make some variation of fried rice.
That's what we did last night.

And let me just add... 

I LOVE my wok! 

I've had it since we got married (19 years in December)... and it gets a workout almost EVERY. SINGLE. WEEK.

Fried rice is another one of our go-to meals when schedules are tight... and when I've got leftovers or lots of little bits but not a ton of anything. That was the case when I examined the fridge last night. Although I did have a lot of leftover rice.

Veggies chopped, eggs fried, and throw it all together in the wok... starting with the onions and garlic.

Seriously, is there any better smell in the world than the smell of sautéing onion?





Mary Michelle prayed that Jonathan would eat his food nicely (in other words, without whining and complaining... he is the pickiest and he was already moaning about the rice)...


God answered!

As one of those A-Team dudes used to say:
"I love it when a plan comes together!"



2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. i think a lot of our friends in w africa did likewise. doesn't seem to be such a popular choice here in the states. :-) wonder why... 'specially since it is so easy.

      Delete

Stop in for a chat! I love to hear what you have to say ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails