Ramadan 2009 / 1430: August 22 - September 20
"Beliefs in the Spirit World, Deliver them from Evil"
Tuesday, 8 September
"Loving Muslims Through Prayer"
Muslims worldwide are often afraid of evil coming from the spirit world. This fear is a source of profound unspoken anxiety for many. Islam has a complex and multifaceted set of beliefs about the invisible forces at work around us. Theses beliefs also vary greatly from one region and one people to another. Muslims not only believe in the existence of angels but also in Jinn (Djinn), who populate this world. Jinn, Muslims believe, are very similar to humans: they have their own social organisation and activities, yet they can also change their appearance and become visible or invisible at will. Most Muslim theologians believe that Shaitan (Satan, also called Iblis) belongs to the Jinn. These beings were supposedly created just before the creation of mankind. They do both good and evil. The term “Jinn” is related to the English word “genie” known through Arabian folk stories.
- Jesus is the true Lord of the world. All authority has been given to Him. Pray that Muslims would experience Jesus’ saving ability to deliver them from the powers of darkness.
- May believers be more able to help Muslims in this realm.
- Pray for Muslims you know and others using the following texts:
- Matthew 8:16 ~ "When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick"
- Matthew 10:1 ~ "And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease."
- Acts 5:16 ~ "There came also a multitude out of the cities round about unto Jerusalem, bringing sick folks, and them which were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed every one."
- Acts 8:17 ~ "Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost."