13 April 2012

5 Minute Friday - Goodbye


Tigger and little kids have it figured out...

"TTFN!"
or
"Ta ta for now, buddy boy!"

...said with a cheery, excited voice and off they run, ready for life's next adventure.

There's no tearful looking back, except for the occasional glimpse to wave and grin about all the fun they just had... and then upward and onward they charge, grinning even bigger, anticipating the next wonder.

I'm trying to become more "tigger-ish, more little kiddish, too...

...at least when it comes to expectations and demands that I place on myself... or that I feel others are piling on me. It is hard to serve others, glorify God, enjoy people, and live in obedience to the Lord when I'm frequently fretful and worried about whether or not I've lived up to the image I hope to present... whether or not I've accomplished well what I and others think I should have done.

I snapped these photos fairly recently - because I thought it was funny, but also to remind myself that following God, walking the path that He has planned for me - is more important than what I think, matters more than the opinion of others.



A few years ago, she would have never left the house in such disarray... I wouldn't have allowed it... I would have been horrified...

"TTFN!"
...the idea that my worth as a mama
is reflected by outwardly perfect kids.

"TTFN!"
...my illusions that everything
has to be put perfectly together
and go according to my plan
for an outing to be fun and worthwhile.

"TTFN!"
...my fear that God is always disappointed in me
when and just because
someone else disapproves.

10 comments:

  1. God is loves you, you are the apple of his eye. Other peoples disppointment is theirs, they own it, it has nothing to do with you. Don't let them make you feel that the Father is ever disappointed with you, He isn't He adores you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My journey too! Love you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. back at ya!!!

      glad i'm not the only one who fights that fight!

      Delete
  3. Love this post! And... I love your pictures. Thanks for the reminder to be more Tiggerish. Thanks for stopping by today and leaving kind words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. in general, i can't say i'm a tiggerish sorta gal (my family says a lot more like rabbit, actually :-); i do have a few kiddos who'd qualify as tiggers, tho'!!

      glad you enjoyed the photos - hope you were encouraged!

      Delete
  4. I used to sign my emails "ttfn" but so many people asked me what I meant, and so few understood it, that I finally stopped. Maybe I should start up again. It's a shame more people aren't child-like. Not child-ish, with its connotation of immaturity, but child-like, with its connotation of innocence and joyous abandon. It's so much easier to be in touch with God when you're not distracted by worry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) so true - key differences between child-ish and child-like!

      thanks for saying hi, adam!

      Delete
  5. I love this, Richelle! Great and freeing message!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. now if i could just apply it and live it consistently, eh?

      have a great day, Ashley!

      Delete

Stop in for a chat! I love to hear what you have to say ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails