22 April 2010

Wanting to direct your attention...

...to Angie's post,
Here's an excerpt~

"...How about you, Ellie? Got a favorite?"

She watched as the houses passed us and then a few seconds later I heard her say quietly, "That one, mommy. That one is my favorite. It's the prettiest one on the whoooole street. That's what I think."

"Oh, I see it! Those pink leaves are such a cool color, aren't they? I would wear one of those behind my ear for a date with daddy!"

"No, momma. Not that one. The one next to it."

I slowed down the car because I hadn't really seen one next to it. I asked her where she was looking.

"There. Right there."

I made a confused face and looked at her in the rearview mirror.

"I think it's dead mommy. It doesn't have anything on it. But it's the prettiest one."

I just sat and waited, fascinated by the fact that out of everything we were looking at, that was the one she chose.

"Tell me more, hon."

"Well...it looks dead, but I love it because everyone picks the fancy ones and that one might be keeping a secret. Maybe it's flowers haven't come out yet, or maybe it's just pretending to be dead. Nobody knows what that one is going to do. So I think it's the most beautiful."
It is worth the time it'll take to "head on over" and read the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop in for a chat! I love to hear what you have to say ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails