02 October 2008

Chantilly lace and a pretty face and a pony tail hangin' down..."

Today was a very important first...

Since I'm leaving in just a few weeks, leaving Tim to do the single dad thing with Brendan and three little girls (Nadia, Anna and Victoria... two of whom cannot reliably fix their own hair), I decided Tim needed to learn how to at least fix a pony tail. He's been resisting, but this morning, I insisted...

I wish I had had working batteries in the camera - he did very well for a first try, the girls informed me that Daddy is much gentler than Mama, and now I know that at least he's capable to make sure the girls look presentable when they leave the house for the three months I'll be gone...

Now, whether I can be sure he'll actually do it? Well, I won't go there yet - I've still got two weeks to keep working on him!

--------------------------
Pony tail sketch by Brenda at "A Portrait from Photo."

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a huge long time for you to be apart from your kiddos! I'll be praying for you. I'm sure that was a hard decision for you to make. Good luck with the pony tail training! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been praying for you, Richelle. May God give you much strength and peace for the days of big change that lie ahead. It was a blessing to pray through the month of Sept. with you for the Muslim people. Our eyes have been opened to such a huge mix of cultures here in CA--just on our street alone! Kris is hoping to start a Bible study in our neighborhood soon. It's a "basics" of Christianity that he got from Mark Dever's website. I will continue to pray for all of you in the months ahead. God's grace and blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

Stop in for a chat! I love to hear what you have to say ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails