18 May 2008

Sticking Out All Over

I'm reading a book right now entitled Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver. I'm about half-way through the bible study and thoroughly enjoying it - but read through the following section today and I thought I'd share it...

The story is told of a young boy who approached an evangelist after a revival tent meeting. "Excuse me, sir?" the little boy said politely. "You said everyone should ask Jesus into their hearts, right?"

"That's right, son." The evangelist squatted down so he could look the boy in the eye. "Did you ask him in?"

"Well, I'd like to," the boy said, shuffling dirt with the toe of his shoe before returning his gaze to the evangelist. "But I got to figurin'... I'm so little and Jesus is so big -- he's just gonna stick out all over!"

"That's the point, son," the evangelist said with a smile. "That's the point."

"The leaders saw how bold Peter and John were. They also realized that Peter and John were ordinary men with no training. This surprised the leaders. They realized that these men had been with Jesus."
Acts 4:13 (NIrV - for young readers)

1 comment:

  1. Great reminder - I also really liked that book. It has been a long time since I read it though and I might have to go back over it again.

    ReplyDelete

Stop in for a chat! I love to hear what you have to say ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails