14 May 2007

I Wonder... Did They Get It?

One day as the Little Red Hen was scratching in a field, she found a grain of wheat.

"This wheat should be planted," she said. "Who will plant this grain of wheat?"

"Not I," said the Duck.

"Not I," said the Cat.

"Not I," said the Dog.

"Then I will," said the Little Red Hen. And she did.

Soon the wheat grew to be tall and yellow. "The wheat is ripe," said the Little Red Hen. "Who will cut the wheat?"

"Not I," said the Duck.

"Not I," said the Cat.

"Not I," said the Dog.

"Then I will," said the Little Red Hen. And she did.

When the wheat was cut, the Little Red Hen said, "Who will thresh the wheat?"

"Not I," said the Duck.

"Not I," said the Cat.

"Not I," said the Dog.

"Then I will," said the Little Red Hen. And she did.

When the wheat was threshed, the Little Red Hen said, "Who will take this wheat to the mill?"

"Not I," said the Duck.

"Not I," said the Cat.

"Not I," said the Dog.

"Then I will," said the Little Red Hen. And she did.

She took the wheat to the mill and had it ground into flour. Then she said, "Who will make this flour into bread?"

"Not I," said the Duck.

"Not I," said the Cat.

"Not I," said the Dog.

"Then I will," said the Little Red Hen. And she did.

She made and baked the bread. Then she said, "Who will eat this bread?"

"Oh! I will," said the Duck.

"And I will," said the Cat.

"And I will," said the Dog.

"No, No!" said the Little Red Hen. "I will do that." And she did.

Last night, we wrote our own version of this story: One busy Mother's Day, Mama decided she didn't want to fix dinner after Sunday Evening Church. So Daddy ordered some yummy nems and rice for us to pick up after church. When we got home, Mama was busy with the baby and Daddy was trying to get ready to talk with Grandpa Gene and Grandma Betty. They asked their 7 children: "Who will help us get the table ready to eat our yummy nems and rice?"

"I will," said Jonathan. And he killed lots of big black ants that like to come out at night and hurt like crazy when they bite you.

"I will," said Victoria. And she helped to set the table.

"I will," said Anna. And she removed all the old bowls and cups from lunch off the table and carefully wiped off the table and chairs.

Guess who got first dibs on those delicious nems???

Take a minute and write the "I wont-ers," who were back hanging out in the air-conditioning and are not here mentioned by name, to see if they learned their lesson.... :)

..."And whosoever of you will be the chiefest, shall be servant of all. For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop in for a chat! I love to hear what you have to say ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails