21 May 2007

Polo and Pools

Most people who know me know that I LOVE swimming. One of my most favorite places to be is at the side of a pool. So it is a real privilege and blessing to be able to use skills and abilities I've developed after years of hanging out at pools to encourage and help others! Beginning early in April, I've had the opportunity to teach a swimming and water polo unit to the high school students at Sahel Academy. This is the second year I've done so, and I enjoyed it even more this year than last. In addition to the water polo, the students loved "just good 'ole racin,' " so we gave them that opportunity, too.
Last minute instruction from the "ref" before the game begins...
----------------------------------------------

Brendan, Rebekah Joy, Nadia and Anna enjoyed tagging along for water polo/swimming classes every Friday afternoon. As far as they were concerned, the 15 minute early dismissal from school and "free time" made it more than worth their while.

Then, I allowed the students to slide down the slide, jump and dive from the 1 m platform,

and the "most favoritest" of all activity: jumping, diving, falling or flipping from the...

3 m platform...

"Let the game begin!"- tossing the ball out to start the competition...
**************************************************

***************************************************

Water polo is a physically exhausting and demanding game. Players get pretty aggressive and as ref, you can't see everything that happens under the water. But players, spectators and this ref alike, all seemed to enjoy it. It's really nice when you get to teach and work with a great group of kids!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome opportunity! I also love coaching and I can only imagine how much you are loving this. Glad you've got a blog going too. This will help us keep up with you even better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually was thinking of you and your coaching blogs as I was writing this one.

    ReplyDelete

Stop in for a chat! I love to hear what you have to say ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails