11 September 2012

what we've been talking about on and off for a few days


We should not be entertained 

by the sins 

for which Christ died.



~ John MacArthur ~

I posted that quote as my facebook status last week... Brendan saw it... it's come up in conversation since... more than once.

An old photo, but one of my faves of Bren and I chatting...
He's thinking lots...

I like that.

His mama is thinking lots, too, and praying that as this conversation continues, I don't give him what I think the answers might be, but direct him to seek and discern what God says the answers to his questions are...

Another good thing.

One of our related conversations dealt with whether or not we should play chess because it involves sacrificing others, deceptive moves as a part of strategy, etc.

Anyone else want to weigh in?

What has God shared with 
or shown you on this particular topic?


8 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a powerful and thought provoking quote. I might bring this up tonight at the dinner table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it is as good a fodder for conversation at your table as it has been around our house.

      Delete
  2. This is one of those personal preference things, I think. If it bothers you, or you are in doubt, then don't do it. I don't play chess-not too good at strategy type games. I'm glad Bren is thinking through these things. Hugs to all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep... it is. i'm not so much in doubt about it - i just loved the depth of thought and the sincere searching in my boy's heart. and i love it when God challenges me from unexpected places. it is so easy to fall into the trap that i'm the teacher/mentor/coach and my boy is the learner, gleaning wisdom from me... God often uses my children to give me those unexpected but very much needed lessons.

      Delete
  3. I love that you are intentional about directing him to God. This is one of the reasons I've nominated you for the Liebster Award. I've only started visiting you through Ann's blog, but I chose a few new people who I think have God's words to share. I'd like to connect with you and give you the details of the award. You can send your contact info to me @ kentobi.benton@gmail.com, fb: tobi armstrong benton, or just check out my blog ... because you're listed on it! : ) Hope this is a blessing. If you don't participate, no worries. I'll just keep stopping by to see what God has shown you lately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely a very interesting thought! My husband will love this. He loves standing for what is right and he also loves chess! I have thought of this when it comes to movies as it seems a common occurrence to find sinful people and happenings to be either comical or otherwise entertaining. I look forward to a fun dialogue with my husband about this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh Ashley :-) - please do share what your husband says as you dialogue! frankly, i was thinking more in relation to movies, books, computer games... so i was surprised when my boy brought up the topic of chess... and it certainly has my mind twirling!

      Delete

Stop in for a chat! I love to hear what you have to say ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails