29 November 2010

Multitude Monday ~ 1000 Gifts: Thanksgiving Retrospection

We tend to forget
that happiness doesn't come
as a result of getting something we don't have,
but rather recognizing and appreciating what we do have.

~ Fredrick Keonig ~

# 584 three gorgeous middler girls who peeled 16 pounds of potatoes with sweet attitudes so their mama didn't have to

#585 bandaids to cover resulting sore spots on those sweet little hands

#586 friends ~ the blessing of an abundance

#587 my dear friend who's been the best big sister for the last several years... something (since I was the big sister) I've wished for as long as I can remember

#588 clean floors

#589 falling asleep before 10 o'clock

#590 my favorite skirt, just perfect for autumn weather and Thanksgiving holidays

#591 the color green

#592 anticipating reunions

#593 skyping with friends and family, hearing their voices, their laughs... seeing their smiles, their tears, their love...

#594 hugs from teens who haven't grown too big to let their mama hold them still

#595 watching, hearing ~ boys becoming teen young men laugh as we read The Great Turkey Walk

#596 our littlest turning 2 - her stubborness, her giggles, her exploding vocabulary, her cuddles and snuggles, her amazing from birth and still uncontrollable hair

#597 pumpkin trifle from scratch... and with a little help that came in a care package from Michigan

#598 rice to rescue cell phones that have been inadvertently bathed

#599 new tires, and those who helped get them for us

#600 realizing that in the past few months, I've listed 600 things for which I'm thankful... and also realizing that I haven't even scratched the surface...

#601 seeing the words "Gotta say 'Bye.' My plane is boarding in about 10 minutes..." pop up on that computer screen. I so dislike goodbyes ~ but that one means my favorite hello is about en route...






1 comment:

  1. Normally I don't comment on your Monday posts, but I felt a comment I made to Pastor Dan the other day warranted repeating. I have discovered that, aside from the occasional chastisement, God allows "bad" things to happen to us to teach us to be thankful for what we have.

    And sometimes something even better comes out of it. If I sat down and thought about it, I could easily find a thousand things of my own to be thankful for just since my accident 2-1/2 years ago. Number one on that list would be my getting closer to my own children. Number two would have to be the tens of thousands of friends and family in Niger, Taiwan, Ireland, France, Canada, and the US (and probably several other countries I didn't even know about), who prayed for me to not only recover, but simply to survive, and who still pray for my continued recovery.

    You are my family, and I am always excited to see the ways God is blessing you, both in Niger and here in Michigan.

    ReplyDelete

Stop in for a chat! I love to hear what you have to say ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails