22 June 2010

On the Way to Knitting Class ~

~ this morning, Tim took Rebekah by the craft store to buy some yarn. They both enjoyed what they saw...

...Canadian geese crossing the road and parking lot, stopping traffic, marching along in a single file line.

When Tim recounted this story earlier today, my mind wandered to these words: "As Jesus passed on from there, he saw a man called Matthew... and he said to him, 'Follow me.' And he rose and followed him."

Each day, the Lord gives me opportunity to follow Him... the question is will I obey... right away, without questioning, exactly as He leads and with a sweet attitude?

I'm finding the longer I live that this isn't just a one-time commitment; neither is it simply a daily choice. Rather, it is committing to choose moment by moment, each moment, to walk with the Lord. And it is impossible without His abiding presence...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop in for a chat! I love to hear what you have to say ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails