08 February 2013

Five Minute Friday ~ Bare

Thankful for Friday - although it will be a crazy busy day after a relatively low key week. 

I've needed a week like this! A week of normal routine, but without so much accomplishing needing to be accomplished,,, I've actually been able to enjoy responsibilities this week!

Bare

I look forward to Friday and the FMF word prompt each week. It is fun to write spontaneously... just letting the words flow and whatnot. 

But I'm having a hard time getting excited about today's word. Just kinda blah.

I could easily write something about bare feet - particularly since my kids boycott shoes. Literally. Quite frankly? They've learned this questionable habit from their mama... If I wanted to write about that, I probably even have a couple of cute "little people piggies"  photos readily available. Toes are often referred to as "piggies" around this house - remember the rhyme: "This little piggy went to market. This little piggy stayed home..."?

Or I could write about horses and girls riding bareback. You should've heard them yattering about last night's lesson when they got home last night. I seriously considered that thought for a moment; but I posted pics of horse lessons yesterday and it seemed kinda lame and boring to do another post on that the very next day.


No ideas sparking - I typed bare into the google search engine. Surprisingly enough, the very first thing that popped up? 

"archaic past of bear."

I read that, and the following words, as I first memorized them - in archaic, king's English, of course - spilled from my mind and fingers:

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. 
Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. 
Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away. For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. 
And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity. (1 Corinthians 13)
Bare seems like a pretty good place to begin this day... after all.

------------------------------------------------------------

Wanna join the fun?
Check out what to do - and if you hop in, make sure to let me know!



from Lisa Jo~

"Got five minutes? Let’s write. Let’s write in shades of real and brave and unscripted. Let’s just write and not worry if it’s just right or not.
  1. Write for 5 minutes flat for pure unedited love of the written word.
  2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
  3. Go buck wild with encouragement for the five minuter who linked up before you."

12 comments:

  1. I've felt uninspired by words certain weeks too. I love that you showed up and just wrote anyway and how cool that you were surprised by your own writing. I love that! Sometimes I think that is the best thing about free writing, you never know what is going to come out and link to your thoughts as you spill them out. Sometimes you find treasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. don't you find that your own writing sometimes takes a life of its own and you aren't quite sure what you'll end up with when you start the journey?

      therapeutic, for sure!

      Delete
  2. The perfect place to begin:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My boys love going shoeless, shirtless. Just getting them out of shorts in the winter is a challenge. One even asked me to turn on the heat so he cold war shorts! Yet, bare to the soul is a hard thing:) Wishing you a just-right weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. funny!

      it is much easier to go shirtless and shoeless year round when you live on the backside of the sahara...

      Delete
  4. It's a little cool here for shoelessness...is that a word? We'll pretend it is! Is it okay if I say out loud that I envy your shoelessness? Thank you for the reminder to love unconditionally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'd think so, but mine have been known to streak through the snow - and i'll run to the mailbox in the midst of a michigan winter without my shoes. i know, there's something really not right about that, but... it is true.

      and yes - you envy our shoelessness and i'll dream of the 12 inches of snow and day off school our home town is enjoying as i type!

      thanks for saying hi!

      Delete
  5. You made me smile as you reminded me about the "This little piggy..." song...oh, and the reminder to love like Him...always need it...Thanks, Richelle :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my kids love that little song/rhyme... it always ends in a tickle!

      it is a reminder i should make into a habit - every morning. "-)

      Delete
  6. Great scripture! To me the resounding theme of God and the bible is Love , and this just paints that perfectly. Especially as Christians , if we have not love , then we have nothing. Thanks for sharing. Bare is a pretty good word I think :)

    ReplyDelete

Stop in for a chat! I love to hear what you have to say ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails