03 October 2012

A 31 Day Grand Prix {day 3} ~ Walk with Him Wednesday ~ "Aw Dad! Stop ruining my life!"

Ummm.... yeah....



This really is the three year old gal who said that to her daddy just the other day...

...when he reminded her to obey her babysitting big sister while he ran a quick errand.
She also begs for us to let her drive ~ like EVERY. SINGLE. DAY!!

How often do I say essentially the same thing to God?




"AW, Heavenly Father!"

"Stop ruining MY life!"
<------------------------------------->


Especially when it comes to my comfort and convenience.
Especially when it comes to what I want.
Especially when it comes to this topic of suffering.


OUCH!

I am not my own... I have been bought with a price...
He gives... and takes away... Blessed be the name of the Lord!


But he said to her, "You speak as one of the foolish women speaks. Shall we indeed accept good from God and not accept adversity?" In all this Job did not sin with his lips. (Job 2.10)

Take my life and let it be
consecrated Lord to thee. 
Take my silver and my gold. 
Not mite would I withhold
not a mite would I withhold.

I've spent over 40 years singing that song at church.
I wonder if I've ever really meant it.



And I could write more, but the kettle is whistling and I really NEED that cup of coffee this morning.


Other than drinking coffee, 
what's your best strategy for graciously accepting suffering... 
those times when God, because of His great love, 
says it is better 
to have that which we love taken away...
or to give that which we don't want?

Do you think that 
accepting suffering, 
as another gift from the hand of God,
is an important aspect of gentle and quiet spirit?


Also joining up with Ann for Walk with Him Wednesday, writing what God's teaching about the practice of suffering.


2 comments:

  1. ha ha..."other than drinking coffee", reminding myself that God is good. I've been listening a lot to a teaching that has been penetrating my heart and soul. http://somatacoma.org/resources/sermons-training/god-is-good-all-the-time/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooo... thanks for the link, jill. i'll have to check it out - but probably won't happen until after i survive this week and traveling to a conference in ghana in 13 days... :-)

      Delete

Stop in for a chat! I love to hear what you have to say ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails