19 August 2011

Mullings & Musings...

"...traditional remedies and practices—like drinking a calming herbal tea or cooking with a particular spice—might seem inconsequential, but researchers are discovering that these little things can make a world of difference."

  • "The Discomfort of Comfort" (What comforts, if any, have I sacrificed recently, for the sake of following my Lord? I really feel like a "wimp" when I look at what my brothers and sisters here live, day in and day out.)
"It’s one thing to serve with all my heart, but when it involves an aching back, somehow I find myself recoiling.... Forsaking all to follow Jesus is more than words to an upbeat song."

"I may not like CCC's philosophy, associations, and self-image as a Christian movement on an equal (or superior) par with the local church, but I'd be delusional to pretend they want to distance themselves from Jesus Christ. To proceed with that argument would be most unfortunate (note their new logo is a cross).

Again, I could care less what an organization that I am not a part of does with its own name. But I do care when people are critical beyond the pale."

"What the world needs is more people who pursue God and love sharing the Good News. Jesus said that His food was doing the will of God (which, in context, was making disciples) (John 4:34). Paul said 'Woe is me if I preach not the Gospel' (1 Corinthians 9:16). When Peter and John were threatened and charged to stop talking about Jesus, they replied, 'We cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard' (Acts 4:20)."

  • "But My Testimony isn't Dramatic" (I always like what Tim shares when he shares his testimony: "God didn't save me "out of" something; by saving me early, He saved me "from" all of that heartache. My hubby is thankful for his un-dramatic testimony. This post is an awesome read... good, challenging words!)

"Whether our story is dramatic or not, we are all messy people. The best way I’ve found to share Jesus with others is to look for an intersection between a point of need they’ve expressed and one I’ve walked through. A mess from my life (big or small) to which they can relate.

Kid issues. Marriage issues. Financial issues. Weight issues. Health issues. Job issues. Insecurity issues.

Remember our mess, touched and turned around by the MESSiah, becomes our greatest MESSage."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop in for a chat! I love to hear what you have to say ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails