My girls have discovered Pandora this year while we've been home.
And Disney just might be their very favorite "station."
If there were any Disney movie songs they didn't know, let's just say that THAT is now a thing of the past!
One song they really like to sing comes from Pocahantas... and for so many reasons, lines in this song pierce this expat-at heart's heart.Tthere is truth in some of those words, truth that might easily be dismissed just because you don't agree with the whole message ~
You think I'm an ignorant savage
And you've been so many places
I guess it must be so
But still I cannot see
If the savage one is me
How can there be so much that you don't know?
You don't know ...
You think the only people who are people
Are the people who look and think like you
But if you walk the footsteps of a stranger
You'll learn things you never knew you never knew...
You can own the Earth and still
All you'll own is earth until
You can paint with all the colors of the wind.
There is only One Who paints with all the colors of the wind,
the same One Who crafts each West African sunset,
that One Who imagined -then spoke- and then the imagined spoken became,
the very One Who sacrificed all and Who is the only Way to the Father ~
~ the One and Only Who created all that is true, all that is noble, all that is right, all that is is pure, all that is lovely, all that is is admirable, all that is excellent, all that is praiseworthy because HE IS.
This One ~
- laid the foundation of the earth, determined its measurements, laid its cornerstone, when the morning stars sang together and all the sons of God shouted for joy.
- shut in the sea with doors when it burst out from the womb, made clouds its garments and thick darkness its swaddling band, prescribed limits for those waves, saying, "Thus far shall you come, and no farther."
- enters heavenly storehouses laden with snow, storehouses of the hail reserved for the time of trouble.
- knows the way to the place where the light is distributed,and where the east wind is scattered upon the earth.
- has cleft a channel for the torrents of rain and a way for the thunderbolt, to bring rain on a land where no man is, on the desert in which there is no man, to satisfy the waste and desolate land, and to make the ground sprout with grass.
- fathers the rain, has begotten the drops of dew, gives birth to the frost of heaven.
- binds the chains of the Pleiades, looses the cords of Orion, guides the Bear with its children.
- knows when the mountain goats give birth.
- has let the wild donkey go free, loosening the bonds of the swift donkey, gives it the arid plain for his home and the salt land for his dwelling place.
- gives the horse his might, clothes his neck with a mane, makes him leap like the locust.
- His understanding allows the hawk to soar, He commands the eagle to mount up
- and makes his nest on high.
Yes. It is my God, and only He, Who paints, Who ever will paint, with all the colors of the wind.
If you'd like to spend a few minutes writing on the topic of "paint,"