12 February 2008

He's Growing Up

Jonathan was helping me put laundry away today. As he carried a pile of his things to his room, he called for help because the light was out. So I went right away to turn the light on for him, but as I walked into the room, he stopped me and said, "No, Mama. No need yo helwp. Me big. Me twoon light on me-self."

It happens so fast. It happens too fast.

After he informed me that he no longer needed my help, he pushed a small tub containing shoes over underneath the light switch. Standing on the shoes inside the tub gave him just enough added height that he was able to turn the light on all by himself.

I'm not yet ready to say goodbye to this delightful preschool stage........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop in for a chat! I love to hear what you have to say ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails