15 September 2013

Secret things

 “I want to be with those who know secret things... 
or else alone.”
― Rainer Maria Rilke


I couldn't help but think of that quote as I looked through our pictures from Yellowstone ~
for what could really be a remote place is quite covered with tourists...

...an unbelievable number of people visit the park each year.





One of the things we quickly discovered was that crowds often meant 
something pretty amazing and worth seeing ~
















...whether they be biological or geothermic...

I can truly say, I've never been anyplace else anything like Yellowstone.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you saw some wildlife. My only encounters with wildlife were almost stepping on a snake in the river and one buffalo way out in the field...kind of disappointing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the rest of the gang even saw a grizzly right near our campground... down by the lake. we saw lots of buffalo and lots of elk and lots of birds and lots of steam. :-)

      Delete

Stop in for a chat! I love to hear what you have to say ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails