21 September 2013

Homeland Security

Is it weird to say that I felt safer with my family
  • living in W Africa with all the possibilities for disease, injury or illness
  • knowing (as we watched military planes fly up river and then return) that there was a full-fledged war going on just a couple hundred miles up river
  • recognizing that terrorist activity was all around us... and probably infiltrating our "neighborhood" as well
  • driving in developing country traffic every single day...
than I do living in the developed west?


photo from one of the local Niamey newspapers

It may be weird, but it is true ~ and this is the first furlough I've EVER felt this way.

Usually, it has been a huge sigh of relief to land back in this land and re-realize that
  • the hospital and emergency room are literally down the road and around the corner - like 3 minutes away
  • reading about wars and rumors of wars that now seem distant and far away although still heartbreaking...
*******************************************
To read the rest, please join me over at Missionary Mom's Companion, where I'm posting today. Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop in for a chat! I love to hear what you have to say ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails